Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008 is here, changes are coming, GOD is working...


a guy that reads my blog recently told me that he loves the blog. he said
"terrance, I have followed your life since you started blogging, back when you used to blog on yahoo360, and I have noticed so much change in you, and your life."

back in october of 2007 i was a bit scared to attend my first homecoming as a alumnus of prairie view a&m university, because i felt like i had not done anything position or meaningful since leaving the hill. i have come to see that is not the case. 2007 bought so much to my life, which at the end of 2006 i didn't have. the main thing about the year was i quickly developed for a young boy, to a grown man. adulthood is one of those weird mind-games, because you can feel like you are an adult, you can pay the bills, be in dependant, yet still be a child. in 2007 i dealt with death, relationships, family drama, work-related drama, friendships old and new, love, heartache, and just normal things that most adults deal with on a day to day basis. i pledged a fraternity, i cut people out of my life, saw people from my past, and enjoyed traveling across the country. i worked for a fortune 500, took time to develop myself into a young business professional. with that all being said as 2007 came to an ended i was forced to deal with something i long thought i had dealt with a long time ago. at age five i love my biological father in a tragic accident, and because of my age and so many people around me i never dealt with it head on. well at the end of 2007 i quickly realized that it has affected me in so many ways i could never list them all. it was one day i was standing at the sink shaving i realized no man had taught me that that is why i was using the clippers and still looking scrungie bout the face. i called and opened up to my mother's ex and told him how much i needed him even at 22 years old, and he told me he was there in whatever way he could be. that meant so much.

so as for 2008..

nyc, los angeles, dc, chicago, atlanta...all place i have considered moving just over the past three months. finally decided...i am moving to dallas, texas. i have always loved dallas, since i was a young boy , but i never had a reason for the move, besides my friends and family that lived in the city, but as far as the family is concerned i am not close to any of them like that... i started considering the move, then i decided to look and research would dallas be a good place for a young sgl african-american man to live, possibly do things like build a house, make money, launch a company of his own, and start building his own legacy, and dynasty? the answer seems to be yes. dallas has always had some kind of unique charm about it for some reason. not sure what has always attracted me to the city, but as i grew older i have seen the presence of affluent african-americans, and young professionals in the city with an artsy touch have made me want in to the fun. this move miht not seem like much, but it's me starting to define who i am and what i want to do. i will be 200 miles from home, in my own world, and doing my own thing, and my parents seem to be supportive thus far. i'm excited, and i just know that GOD is doing some awesome, great things in my life.....

No comments: