Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Addressing the HIV Epidemic among Gay and Bisexual Men

 I had the chance to personally meet Dr. Kevin Fenton, the director of the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) last month at the 2011 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta, GA. Dr Fenton discussed in various sessions over the four day conference the US Government's stance on the on going crisis among  gay and bisexual men, particularly those of color. I left the conference with a clearer view of how I can make a difference in my nation, can the various communities in which I consider myself to be a part of. I returned home to Dallas with both a different perspective on just how this epidemic is spreading, and what I can do to join the fight.

Being someone that's been into the fine art of communications all of my life, I decided I would take the things I love to do, polish them for the good, and make my talents more useful in my communities. I give credit where it is due, and I will say the Obama administration has done a fabulous job in enhancing National Communications across the board. I make daily visits to both the White House's website, and the CDC's sites for work reference purposes, and for educational resources as well. Below you will find a link to a article from Dr. Fenton released on yesterday the Fourth National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.

http://twitter.com/CDC_DrFenton
Addressing the HIV Epidemic among Gay and Bisexual Men




No comments: