Monday, June 02, 2008

i got carried away with sex and the city....



about five years ago i discovered sex and the city. nobody with the exception of my older brother really could relate with me and my love for this show. it had everything, it had fashion, substance, and comic relief. when the show was over everyone talked about the movie. i paid it attention, but i was happy just watching the dvds of the past seasons (particularly season 5) and watching the edited reruns on TBS. when i met my bff two years ago it was one of the first things we as friends had in common. sex and the city provided so much more, it gave me insight into how women think about sex. it gave me goals, and i was even able to compare my own relationships to relationships in the show. i fell in love with carrie, she reminds me so much of myself, and i loved it from her upper east side apartment (when i went to NYC in the fall of '06 i found the stoop and took a photo there it's actually in the village, not the upper east side. i watched the episodes faithfully, and help mold my life a little bit. well here i am not a young black urban professional man, loving life, even with it's bumps and bruises. i went to see sex and the city last friday with my bff, and two other friends. i was pleased. i will admit with so much build up i didn't know what to expect, but i was please. the movie was great on so many levels, and it was what us fans really needed. the sets were great, the costumes were fabulous, and once again it made nyc the most attractive city in the world. the movie gave us love, hope, laughter, and it summed up so much that was just up in the air when the show ended. TOG gives sex and the city five thumbs up!!!!!!!

No comments: