Wednesday, August 19, 2009

houston is home for now....


in my personal opinion the united states of america is one of the best places to live. yeah the politicians in d.c. have some silly agendas, and they are silly individuals at times, but i would not trade my citizenship for anything. as a young and vibrant 24 year old artistic man, i often find myself wanting more out of life. i have flirted with moving everywhere from nyc to atl, to dc, to los angeles. how i ended up in houston was actually by accident. i went to pvamu in 2002, and after my freshmen year, i was careless (another story) after working in my hometown for one summer i knew small town living was not a option, so i decided to truck it to the closest major city, which became the most humbling experience of my life. i would not trade the public transportation nightmares, countless hours in traffic, crazy dates, fights in target and wal mart, and best food of my life for anything. i chose to call houston home simply becasue i fit in, it's in my home state a short drive from home, and when my sister relocated back to suburban houston that put the icing on the cake. i love other cities, and i most likely will end up elsewhere (DALLAS), but for right now i am content with houston. i wish the shopping was just a little better, and the humidity would go away, but it's not such a bad city if you are trying to find your way! and i guess when you decide to buy or build a house you're kinda stuck for a few years at least right? lol

No comments: