Thursday, December 09, 2010

A conversation with Cadillac Kimberly

Uppity Brotha's EXCLUSIVE with THE BOSS Cadillac Kimberly. CK tells why she's NOT homophobic, NOT like Wendy Williams and is embarrassed by The Real Housewives Of Atlanta.

By: Terrance O. Gilbert, http://uppityworld.blogspot.com
Dallas, Texas
Follow me on twitter: @un_dphined_85
http://terrance-omar.tumblr.com/


Cadillac Kimberly has blown up on the blogosphere and You Tube with her commentary on various issues from television reviews, to personal encounters, to advocacy issues, and she is just getting started. Uppity Brotha Terrance O. Gilbert recently was granted an exclusive interview with her on a stop in Dallas for Halloween weekend at The Brick in Dallas, Texas.

“You are special because I don’t do this shit for everyone.” Cadillac Kimberly told UB. “I did my first Vlog as a joke one night, went to bed, woke up the next morning, and my shit had over 8,000 hits on youtube. Sandra Rose really looked out, and I will always be grateful to her.” Originally from Boston, Kimberly calls Atlanta, GA, home. She’s laid back, real down to earth, a bit edgy, and blunt is an understatement.

Uppity Brotha: What’s your zodiac sign?
Cadillac Kimberly: Libra
UB: Are you married?
CK: Not yet, but my husband is on His way.
UB: So how do you plan on marketing yourself?
CK: First off I would like to say that I'm not JUST a comedian, I'm an entertainer. I don't know who started that shit. (she speaks VERY candidly)

I felt the need to ask her how she felt about being compared to Wendy Williams, and even being labeled the “new” Wendy Williams of the South?
CK: I don't, you all do. I bring a LOT more to the table than some "gossip." I bring comedy AND The Word as well. Everything I say is true to the best of my knowledge and how I genuinely feel.

Next UB decided to ask her opinion; was she homophobic? A few things
she said in Vlogs previous caught some people’s attention, and I wanted to give her the chance to clear it up. When I asked the question “So are you
homophobic?” Kimberly paused, looked at me and
said "I don’t know why people think that. I am VERY close friends with Dwight Eubanks (from The Real Housewives of Atlanta). I would kiss him dead in the mouth, but you know he wouldn't be interested. LOL Anybody that know what the fuck is going on knows they have to have a fly ass gay on their team; they provide that balance and fabulosity you need for shit to run correctly. I have 2 that are BEYOND LOYAL on my team. Who even came up with that stupid shit??”
UB: “Kimberly where do you see yourself going? Television, stand up? What?" She simply replied “I don’t tell all my business, just stay tuned.”

UB: How do you feel about the Real Housewives of Atlanta?
CK: I’m embarrassed. They don't represent the ladies of the "A" worth a damn!
UB: Do you think Phedra Parks is a bit much?
CK: To people that don’t know her, but I know her personally and she's fabulous as hell.
UB: Nene Leakes?
CK: Nene is a bully, a broke ass bully bitch at that. Nathan (Ne-Ne), if you are reading this, you need $5? She ain’t shit….
UB: Do you feel more empowered having a black president in
the white house?
CK: No. I approach President Obama the same way as with every situation/person;
with caution. The fact that he's black doesn't automatically make him trustworthy.
UB: What’s your favorite food & cocktail?
CK: Free is my favorite! LOL I like top shelf drinks though. (Kettle One Vodka for sure)
UB: What criticism have you received?
CK: I only receive constructive criticism from those I respect and love. As of late the only criticism has been for me to look up more when doing my Vlogs and I'm working on that.

I decided to take it to a very serious matter that has developed a stigma in the black community. I just had to find out what Cadillac Kimberly's thoughts were on the HIV-AIDS epidemic in the African- American community.

UB: What are your thoughts on the HIV-AIDS Epidemic?
CK: It’s all depends on the person, and their outlook. There was a cure before
there was AIDS….GOD, He’s a HEALER. Your faith can heal you as well, TRUST.

UB: How do you feel about “Downlow” or “DL” men?
CK: They are low down as hell. And they don't have to lie. They would be surprised how many women they would be able to pull just being honest. Lots of women like Bi men. I DON'T, but loads do.
UB: Who are some of the most attractive black men to you?
CK: Let’s see, who would I give some pu**y to? Idris Elba

UB: So what really went down with you and Flirtandflutterlashloft.com’s owner Shae Evans?
CK: Let’s just say everything in that Vlog I said about her was true. We were VERY good friends/business associates. On a scale of 1 to 10 she was an 8, but she spat and shitted on me once she felt she had gotten strong off my strength. Bootleg ass businesswoman. When I filmed the Vlog about the situation it was three days after our argument so you can see just how deep the shit was if I was still that pissed after three days. Bitch. One of her strongest employees now works for me though on the up side. (brushes shoulders off)

Cadillac Kimberly was a JOY to hang with for the time we spent. She says her mission is not to be known as a celebrity, but yet a Humanitarian. She stated that we ALL are celebrities, because the definition of one is a person who is to be celebrated.She was very supportive in my future endeavors and wanted to know more about me, my goals and my aspirations. The most touching part of the interview was when she had some words of encouragement to a female fan in Texas via the phone who felt like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders.

Cadillac Kimberly might not like labels, but I will say she is on to something. Rarely do you meet down to earth individuals, willing to reach out to others, not let a little bit of popularity or fame change them, and from what I observed, to change is not Cadillac Kimberly’s style. She acted as if she knew me for years, and treated me like anyone would want to be treated.

“I see her becoming one of the most sought after Vloggers because of her style, and ability to speak from the soul" a MediaMogul said recently.“I see her taking off and within the next year doing some HUGE things."

Uppity Brotha was honored to get to spend some time with this individual that’s quickly becoming the talk of the community of young African-Americans, and we hope to be on her team.

We would like to send a special shout out to Cadillac Kimberly’s entire team (whom she affectionately refers to as #TEAMCADDY) who made this interview possible, and
special thanks to Roy Murray of Dallas for bringing this talented professional entertainer to Dallas!

www.cadillackimberly.com


Photo Credits: Trademark Fotography & Design Dallas, TX
Check us out!
http://uppityworld.blogspot.com
http://trademarkfotography.blogspot.com
Story: Terrance O. Gilbert
Dallas, Texas
Uppity.brotha@gmail.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog. Why can't I do that? I just see it as a burden instead of an opportunity. I need a fresh attitude.