Monday, April 23, 2012

The Skinny on Partik-Ian Polk's The Skinny.....


This past Friday I had a chance to see the remainder of Patrik-Ian Polk's newest film The Skinny. I had a chance to see a sneak peak of the movie this past January while I was attending the African-American MSM Conference in New Orleans, LA. I was excited when I found out Dallas would be one of the cities he would be premiering the new film in during a tour this Spring.

The Cast of The Skinny


Patrik was the creator of what went of to be in my opinion one of the LOGO network's most successful series Noah's Arc. In 2008 he released Noah's Arc Jumping The Broom in which I attended the sold out screening in Houston at that time. For the past 4 years Black SGL men were without a mainstream relation to our lives, and with gay marriage becoming legal in more states, and the release of the alarming rates of HIV-AIDS infection rates among Young Black Gay and Bisexual men in America much has changed since we heard from him.




In New Orleans we were shown the first half of the movie, and I was blown away by what I saw. When I saw the ending here in Dallas it's made me want to see the squeal which according to Polk is scheduled to begin production later this year. I will not give too many details, for I know the movie will be making it's round before being released on DVD this summer. I will tell me Houston peeps that you guys are in for a treat on the first night of Houston Splash 2012, as two screening will be at the River Oaks Theater.

Patrik-Ian Polk and Myself before the movie
I will say the movie addresses many issues that hit close to home from, relationships, infidelity, finding purpose in life, HIV-AIDS, self esteem, and countless of other issues the GLBT community might face. Check out all of the photos on facebook!

1 comment:

Jay Coop said...

Excellent article T.O.G. I personally could not agree with you more!!!

I look forward to your future posts!! Keep it up bro!