Sunday, October 14, 2007

i love my DELTA!!!!!

the most exciting news for me in a while....I'M FINALLY A DELTA!!!! so what's the big deal you might ask?!?! well it started back in 2002, when i saw a group of men in houston, texas. attending a fine institution of higher education such as prairie view a&m university, greek life is embedded into your way of life, and it's a culture of it's own. as a freshmen in college i explored many organizations, and one particular organization stood out. as i started attending events i could see that the members were not at all for having a openly gay member. i was thinking damn i can bring so much to an organization, but i will never have a chance because they are going to judge me solely on my sexual orientation. i quickly started to look into organizations and one stood out, it was the first established. it was an organization started by one man with one vision, to give gay men a color a chance to be a part of a brotherhood, loyalty, and be able to remain true to themselves. i found this particular organization had a chapter in houston, however i didn't know any of the members personally. i know that one day i would be a part of this organization. i prayed, and knew my day would come. after years of waiting, i rushed, was interviewed, and i found out i was accepted for membership. i never knew what to expect, but the education process would teach me so much about myself and others. i went on line august 20, 2007. for six weeks, i was introduced to so many situations, and personalities that i never in a million year thought i was be around and exposed to. i was forced to open up to people, and let my weaknesses that i have tried so hard to hide show. i was forced to humble myself, and be broken down in ways i never saw possible in order to be built up as a man of even more class, style, and elegance. on october 6th at 11:41am my dreams became a reality as myself and my seven other line brothers became members of the Infamous Iota Chapter of Delta Phi Upsilon Fraternity Inc. it's still sinking in that i have new brothers, that love and respect me for me. So what does this mean now? it means i am ready to accept the challenge and do what i have to do for my beloved Delta. it mean honoring the purpose of my organization, and taking it to new levels through my passion, and God-given gifts of creativity, and style. it means going out and seeking the best possible men to become a part of this glorious wonderful organization..... just know it's all about that red and old gold baby......

No comments: