Wednesday, February 13, 2008

setting a new standard...

my standards in life are high....well it depends on what is high to you. as i look back on my 22 years of existence i can truly say that i have lead an good life. i can truly attribute a lot of my positive qualities to the people i have surrounded myself with. as a young boy i developed my own mind, and my parents made me realize that i was living for me, image is everything , and things i do are not only a reflection of myself, but of them also, and i respected that a lot. at age 22 i am happy with myself, i have a personality that's like potato chips, people cannot just get one. i have tried to make my life be a well balanced as possible. i cannot and will not overdue my education, because while education is extremely important it's not everything. some of the people i admire the most have little or no education. i can sit in almost any environment and be comfortable, i have a decent relationship with my family, and even though i may not see eye to eye with them, i know that they are there at the end of the day. i say what is on my mind, and i have the reputation for being blunt, i try to express myself in ways that will not hurt people, bu sometimes they get hurt anyway, but the truth hurts...as i explore more of tog and get to know different sides of him, i am finding out so much. i am finding that i am open to things that i might not have been open to a while back, like moving away from texas, even dating outside my race....yea i said it...lol..i fell when people look and talk to me they can feel my ethnicity, yet they can also tell i am educated and intelligent. i have the looks that don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, at least if i have anything to do with it. i am setting a new standard for the people i chose to let into my life. when you have specific goals and you are trying to get somewhere, you don't have time for foolishness or foolish people. i am extremely proud of the young man i have come to be...i might not have had a lot of the thing people feel you need growing up to be successful, but i have proven them wrong. i came from the working class, and a real mother that gave it to me like it was. i realized early in life that the world is a huge and often unfriendly. i have set a new standard.....and i am excited..

No comments: