Wednesday, February 13, 2008

sometime being the baby is not so bad...

i have been opening up more to people that i feel i can trust over the past year or so. well over the past couple of months i have been getting closer to my sister. we have never had a horrible relationship or event a rocky relationship, we just have kinda always did our own things. when she was in high school i remember always being around her, going to basketball practice with her, her and her friends taking me trick or treating. i remember chilling with her & her ex boyfriend when he was a football player at texas a&m in cain hall. i remember crying when i found out she was leaving texas to go to virginia and dc to attend howard university. it was her that showed me the sites the first time i went to dc, it was her that sent me the best birthday and valentines day cards, candy, and got me the great christmas gift. i even spent my 13th birthday with her, as i spent the entire summer with her, i never knew how much she would impact my life nd be able to help me when i was in need. on the flip side of that when i was here in texas messing up in school, and rebelling it was her that stepped in an threatened me with military school, and not being able to go shopping....(they knew how to get to me)..well when i fell in love with dc i found out that she and her then boyfriend now husband larry were moving back to texas, so i kinda forgot about wanting to move up that way. naturally when i decided to hit up dc i wanted to run it by her since she lived there for about 10 years. i was surprised at her reaction when i told her i was going to pursue am internship, and try living in the district. she told me that she worked hard while she was there, but overall it's a great place to live, and i am at an age where i need to explore live and learn. i was so expecting her to tell me to stay my ass in texas and find a job doing nothing, but making money....sometimes being the baby just ain't too bad...



No comments: