Friday, November 03, 2006

he can fix what is broke....











the mississippi mass chior sings the song he can fix what is broke, and it has inspired me in so many ways. for the past 4 months, i have been on a journey to find just exactly who i am. back in april i met brandon who i feel that GOD put in my life for a reason. i was going through a terrible break up, and just to much emotional stress and drama, i met this person who offered to help me in many ways, but most importantly just be there in a time of need. for the most part i am now able to admit things that i have not been able to admit in the past. i met brandon, and saw a man on the outside, but a boy on the inside, and i knew that he could help me as a friend as well as i could help him. it's been seven months, and i am closer to him than my own brother. the unique thing about brandon is he accepts me and i don;t have to put up a facade for him, he takes me as i am and wants nothing more. he explained so many things to me that once confused me. you see i grew up in a small town in a mostly single-parent house hold with a hard working mother who made sure i never had a want or need, but i was so unhappy. i was ashamed of who i was, where i came from, where ie lived and just my life in general, and for what reason i don't know. looking back i had so much more than all of those i thought had so much more than me. most of my childhood was spent in my room crying, and trying to decide how to cover lies that i told. i never invited friends over, and i made it my duty to hide everything about my personal life, and for what? on the other hand i met brandon, he came from the type of family i used to look at and want ot be a part of so much. i wanted my mom to marry some executive in a suit, move to pebble creek, and have a cleaning lady. brandon had all of this growing up but he explained to me that thing may appear one way on the outside, and be completely different on the inside...he said that in black america that is mostly a facade, that those families that we see like that are often disfunctional, and just a plain mess. part of growing up and becoming a man is to accept the hand that GOD deals us and find the bst way we can to play it on the table. i have a head full of knowledge, a parent that cares, the best best friend in the world, siblings, other family members, and a man who i love a adore so much, a boy could not ask for much more....

No comments: