Sunday, November 26, 2006


TERRENCE HOWARD: Just Styling & Profiling
By Karu F. Daniels, AOL Black Voices
How you doinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?
Academy Award nominated actor Terrence Dashon Howard is featured as the new Man Of Style in the Dec. issue of 'In Style' magazine, which arrived on newsstands, nationally, today.
In the fashionably savvy spread, the 37-year old 'Hustle & Flow' actor hustles to find his "purse" during the interview and also reveals he loves brooches, scarves and floral body wash.
Not on a woman -- but on him.
"Color seduces and calms people," the "soft-spoken" Howard said. "I can’t see a man in pink starting a fight."
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.
"It's limited," the Chicago native said about men's style. "I went to the fashion Oscars, the CFDAs. All of the men were wearing black. We need more options than black, blue and gray… If I had the time to design my own clothes, I would."
Howard is entirely too busy working on his film career, which includes a repertoire of countless movies from the Academy Award winning fare such as 'Crash' to box-office clunker 'Idlewild.' Just a few weeks ago, while flipping the channels, I caught a scene from 1996's ambitious 'Sunset Park,' which he starred in. The Chicago native has been at it for quite some time (he broke into acting on 'The Cosby Show' in 1984). And it's finally paying off.
The in-demand actor has a slew of films in the pike, including the forthcoming 'Pride' and 'August Rush.'
The newly single father of three also talked about OPRAH WINFREY ("She doesn’t talk about how much power she has; she's just Oprah. She's got a great figure and she dresses appropriately. She's always a great role model"); BEING FAT ("I remember a time when I weighed 205 pounds. My face was fat and stomach was bulgy. I was eating and enjoying life."); BLING ("The minute you put on that kind of jewelry, people can't relate to you" and SPLURGING ("I paid off the mortgage for my house in Philadelphia. Other than that, I don't splurge. I'm not into that").
And of course the contents of THAT DAMN PURSE ("I've got to have my cell phone, which I hate. Some lotion for my hands. Lip balm. A comb-- I use an old pick. And a breath freshener.")
For real now, how are you doinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?
Or more like, How you been?
Ha!

No comments: