Saturday, December 30, 2006

the best is yet to come, goodbye 2006.....



2006 will be over in less than 48 hours, and here i am closing out yet another chapter in my autobiography. 2006 had a pretty rocky start, dealing with personal problems, and struggling to find myself. in January i spent most of the moth sick with a bad cold, and my relationship was on the frits. however i managed to rediscover a spirital side of myself by finally becoming a member of brookhollow missionary baptist church (the church without walls) in houston, tx. in february i had to opportunity to travel to washington dc, for a conference that changed my life in so many ways, and i returned to tx with a new look on being a young african american gay man in america. i launched my company, started doing my own seminars, working in the community, and started to better myself overall as a person. my 18 month relationship with ed came to a horrible end, and that threw my world into complete chaos. when you have it set in your mind that you have to present yourself as happy when you really are not, yet you are in love, it fucks with you big time when you loose everything. one of the most important things i discovered is that one thing that looks a certain way on the outside is often so very different on the inside. i went to jail, and was released in july, while i was in jail for 3 weeks i had so much time to think about myself, others, and what i wanted to do with my life. i developed a better relationship with my family, eliminated a lot of extra people in my life, and focused more on me. i saw that graduating from college does not ensure stability nor comfort, it makes it harder if you don't have it, because you are left with so many questions of what-if and why in your head. i went to new york, and had a great time just relaxing courtesy of mr. stanley. now here i am ready for graduate school, working, and making strides towards my ultimate goals in life. i am looking forward to 2007, so much change for the better. i am launching my website on january 1st 2007, where i will showcase many things from news, to politics, to my personal daily journal-blog, to interviews with the people everyone is talking about. i am also launching a new seminar series, and working with organizations on HIV-AIDS awareness in the black community, so i am extremely excited about that. in 2007 i will be moving to new york (or maybe another city) full time to pursue my dream of becoming a writer, and national advocate for human rights, and equality. i might have a small frame, but i have a loud voice. with the loss of many great people in my community over the past year i know that god has put me here on earth to fill someones' shoes, and i am blessed with the education, vocabulary, and mind to do it, and that is what i intend on doing. with this being said, this will probably be my last blogger entry on this site, i want all of you to come join me in the uppityworld....i will update this site maybe weekly with headlines from my new site www.uppityworld.com. may god bless you all, and have a happy and safe new year, see you in 2007 in the uppity world......

No comments: