Tuesday, December 12, 2006

gone, but never forgotten...





"The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want he make me lye down in the green pastures, As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, thous art with me...."

Bethany Norwood, the PAMU Cheerleader who was injured in a 2004 accident, has died, she was 24.

Norwood broke her neck in six places leaving her paralysed from her neck down, however she still returned to school, and graduated from PVAMU. I didn't know her personally, but I along with the across the nation knew her story. Everyone has their own story, but all of that is not important anymore. One thing I did remember about her is the strength to go own despite her paralysis she continued on, going to classes, eating in the msc, and being a normal panther like the rest of us. I am glad that she had the chance to do what she came to Prairie View A&M University to do, get a degree, and leave some type of mark. We know that she is in a better place now, away from a world of uncertain, and so much pain in many shapes, forms and sizes. I ask that everyone please keep her family in your prayers, and just remember how precious this thing we call life is, and how in a heartbeat if can change or be gone......We bleed purple and gold for her, she may not be with us physically, but she will forever be with us in our panther hearts....

Additional Links About Bethany....

Black College Newswire Story

http://www.tirr.org/press/96.php

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/121206kvuepvamucheerleader-cb.181b97f.html

No comments: