Tuesday, December 26, 2006

my lone star christmas....






yesterday was my 21st Christmas, and as much as Christmas get different, they stay the same. this year was a little bit different. my family went all out this year for Christmas, and i loved every bit of it even though i was a bit of a Grinch. the day started at my mom's house, i woke up, and went to my sister's to open gifts with my nephew Ben. we spent the middle of the day at my grandparents house (mom's ppl) that is always a trip because we talk about everything. it was funny how my uncle the pastor kept referring to gay men as punks, and how he kept pointing out how much he was not a punk. you see that is how my family deals with things, i am sure they all know i am gay, but they never talk about it directly, yet it still comes up, and i have grown so much i don't even get offended anymore....i ended the day with a trip to my other side of the family's house, where i saw a few of my cousins, and ended the night with a trip to my father's to deliver him food, and all that good stuff.....my Christmas was fine, i am truly blessed, to know the true meaning of the holidays, which is bigger and more important than any ipod, car, $300 pair of jeans, and something that no wrapping paper can wrap. it is a bout understand the birth of Christ, and being around they ones you love, and the ones that love you.......

No comments: