Wednesday, December 06, 2006

catching up...


okay last week was a long one, but turned out to be very rewarding....it was my last week of classes in my first semester of grad school at UH, I ended up finishing with a 4.0, so i am hella happy, i will be one to the next with a great record...last wednesday was my best friend brandon's 23rd birthday, and i felt with all he has done for me this year the least i could do was throw him a TX sized celebration, to show him people care and love him...work was great we are so busy with the holiday season here, but the people for the most part are cool, and i am adjusting to the job pretty well. with my job alone that shows how much my mind has developed. i never saw myself with two degrees working @ a copy shop, but honestly i am happy, it's a personal job, i wear what i want, pretty much come and go as i please, and i can be myself. i spoke with my boss, after he wrote a note on my paycheck last week saying "t, we are delighted to have you with us...keep up the great work...", when i saw that, the feelings that i was just the little black token queer boy were gone. when you get a job and they know you are gay, and you are the only black male there you have a few questions, but all of them kinda come and go... when i first interviewed for the job i was asked "looking at your experience and resume` you are over qualified and even in undergrad you were making about two time more than we would be able to pay you." i simply replied that i am currently trying to "find myself and my way" and make a name, and life for myself, and i wanted to have a minimal stress job, and be able to relax, focus on my big move, and getting myself together mentally, and i was hired because of my energy and spirit...so we will see how this plays out, there are still a few things, i am slowly realizing that white people just don't really understand us black people, but who can we blame for that???