Sunday, September 17, 2006

I am AWAKE!!!


Today Brandon, and I went to Awakeings Movement, and I am so glad that we went. Today was their first day at the El Dorado Ballroom in Houston's historic Third Ward. The music was slammin, and the messege was great. I must say since I have been in Houston, meeting people from the African-American community has done me the most good. People like the founders of the Movement, and other community leaders have become a vital part in my success here as a young black man. Awakenings made me realize how much of a life I have to live, and that I need to live for me and God, no one else. The message told us more things than just the typical surface shit to seek in relastionships, and now that I am in a new one, it made me think about what I really want now.. While typing this message Trey just sent me this IM,


" I have told my ex about you..and I told him how excited I was that you were back in my life. I have been played soo many times..til it hurts. I know you have grown I can see it just in your conversation. I do think everything happens for a reason. And we may not know it at the time. But when I was in Houston I may jus have been in your life to plant a seed. Now the seed has developed into a full bloosmed plant. I know you have the qualities that I want in a friend, lover, and life partner, I am not scared that you are back in my life, I welcome it. I dont look at it as if it wont work. I look at it as if you are the person I have always waited for. So i am VERY HAPPY that you will be back in my life"


when I read that my emotions went into overdrive, and a nigga is almost crying. It's funny how we have to go thruogh so much bullshit in order to find someone that has been close to us all along. I am exctied, I welcome the changes I am making in my life for the better. After much prayer, and thinking, I feel like everything is finally starting to work out for me. I know that the next three months will be a bit much, but not too much, because I am going for the GOLD this time.... Looking back at my life in Houston over the past three years, I have been through so much, but the one thing I have going for me now is I came here a boy, confused, and just trying to get away and be in a place where I could be myself, find love, and shop my ass off. I am now a man, a man of many faces, style, substance, and education. A man of god, glory, and a man that know the importance of true love, and the difference in love and lust. No longer can I seek the man for a nice car, trips to the Galleria, and boppin off of the things he can provide, as we all know that these Worldy things and money are the root of all evil besides the devil himself. For now it is finding someone to please me and help me live the life god has created for me.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well since I was mentioned in this blog, I saw it only fitting that I leave a comment. You are truely and AMAZING person. I have witnessed your progess and growth from a misunderstood college kid to a Well Versed MAN! I am EAGERLY awaiting your arival in NYC. I know that this will be the first day for the rest of your LIFE! This will be the chance for you to see how you have progressed as a person. Just know that whatever the future holds for you and for "us", that you have gained a friend and someone to LOVE you for LIFE!!