Thursday, September 07, 2006

This is a big deal? Sure shouldn't be.....



What's seems to be with eveyone and Beyonce`?? The Houston native's sophomore solo CD 'B' Day was released this past Tuesday, I must say being here in Houston, they brought out all of the bells and whistles. Music World entertainement alongside BET threw a Texas sized birthday-album release party downtown for all of her fans to come and support her. All of the creme-de-la-creme of Houston's youngester were in attendance. surely I know with all this fan-fare that this CD was going to top her first solo project, or even sound better than some of the later Destiny Child music, boy was I let down. On her new CD, I only can listen to one track and enjoy it, the rest of them sounds like some shit she just recorded when she was bored. I think if we can put that much into something like throwing monster events for a CD that is that poorly done, we can surly invest more into more pressing issues in Houston, the rest of the nation, and the world. We as people often praise people for all of the worng reasons. Living in the Houston area all of my life, and being a fan of the original Destiny Child, I must say eveything they have done since The Writings On The Wall, has pretty much been frap with the exception of a few tracks here and there..... I am just not quite understanding what powers this girl, and her family have on this city???

No comments: