Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Make Me Over......Make Me Nice...

Ike & Tina Turner had the hit Make Me Over. As my bestfriend Brandon and I amke fun of him wanting Anna Mae to sing rougher, and Jennifer Lewis asking "What do you mean by rougher?" it pretty much sums me up at this point in my life. I am wanting to go places, and do things that I have never done before. This new journey I have set out on has been great so far. I am finding out things about myself that I never knew I inhibited. I am starting to think about what makes Terrance happy, and what Terrance wants out of his own life, now what people want me to be. I realize I have to live my life for me, and me only. As I embark on this new journey I invite change, and friction. Last night Trey asked me how did I know I was not going to fall for the first Morris Chestnut that tried to holla @ me when I get to New York? Let's see if he would have asked me that six months ago I would have had to think about an anwser that very well could have been a lie....But I know what I want. He makes me feel complete in so many ways, even though I have not seen him in two years, I remember things about him, mainly his sense of humor. I know what he has a heart made of gold, and in this day in age if you have someone that shows you ginuwine interest, you better put it on lock ,and hold it near and dear to your heart. I used to think it was about finding some one with a nice bank account, a wall full of degrees, and very material...it gets old, boring, and qutie frankly those type of men are normally stuck on themselves. Instand I have found me a man that is good for me, he calls me just to hear my voice, he says sweet things, and explores my mind, body and spirit through analytical thinking, and asking what exactly he wants to know. He takes care of himself and his business, and want me to be in his life...Damn can a 21 year old boy from rural Texas want anymore? For you to be able to know that you have someone that wants you for you, and nothing else even matters, is a feeling you cannot put into words. For someone to get mad bacause you were not the last voice they heard before going to bed is not crazy, yet sweet, and caring. How do you know if it is the one, that is totally up to you, but I feel thus far I many have very well found the one for me....


No comments: