Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm back....

Please forgive me, the past week has been crazy.....Well I finally got all my shit moved from storage, and everywhere else in Harris County moved to my hometown. When I was filling my U-haul truck, it occured to me that I am really leaving soon. For the past 3 years of my life I called Houston, TX home. I had 2 serious boyfriends, 7 apartments, many friends and associates, 3 cars, and 4 jobs. When I first arrived in Houston, I was a boy from the country just trying to find his way, and place in the Nation's fourth largest city. I found what I thought was love, got comfortable, and lived the life that I thought was meant for me. I had my heart broken, things stolen, and many different pictures painted in many colors and ways. I thought I was going to call Houston home for the rest of my life fearing that anywhere else would be too hard to adjust. It was not until I started to explore my thoughts, and truly think about my life and the things I want to do, when I realized that the world is much larger than Houston, and TX. I arrived in my hometown last Tuesday, and I now see exactly why I left here. The metallity of the people here is horrible, it is not a place where I want to make a future for myself. When yo speak about nice things, and wanting the best of the best you are labeled as boojie, or rying to think you are too much. I put myswlf through four years of school, to make myself competitive, and culture myself into a mature, responsible black man who could provide a life for myself that no one else could. As I prepare to move on to the next chapter in my life I look at how much I have learned, and I am please with myself. For I have had so many different types of experinces that I well well trained for whatever the world throws at me. So now what? Well I am moving to New York City to follow my dreams, of working the world of Public Realtions, for gay men of color. I have a new boyfriend whom is already there. I cannot wait to get there, a city that never sleeps, I wonder what all it will have in store for me.....

1 comment:

hotsauce718 said...

Took you long enough to come back!! Don't ever leave me again!!