Tuesday, July 17, 2007

goodbye 21, you will never be forgotten.......the best is yet to come....


GOD IS GREAT!!!!!


well here it is 22 years after my birth, and believe it or not 21 was one of the best ages of my life... i look back this time last year i was in such a horrible state. i was fresh out of a horrible relationship, i was damn near homeless, yes boojie terrance was almost homeless. i was outta college with just a lot of ideas, no real direction. two days after turning 21 i was arrested for some stupid shit, which i was was in two of the nation's largest jails, for three weeks, and that changed my life forever. i was released and decided that i was going to find myself. after regrouping, traveling, and really living, i made some major changes in my life. i quickly saw who i could depend on, and who not to even consider. i re aligned my friends and associates, and even family members. i started blogging, and meeting creative people like myself, and learning. the biggest accomplishment, and i don't even know if it it is appropriate to call it, is when i became spiritually saved in january of 2007. i found a great church home and a great pastor, whom accepted me for me, and told me to live my life, read my bible, and not to live a lie. during year 21 of the life of terrance omar gilbert, i grew quite fond of my best friend who proved his love for me and our unique friendship in many way from countless trips at anytime, to phone calls, to walking my through one of the most horrific battle of my life. 21 brought love, pain, personal illness, spirit, soul, death, both positive and negative changes, but through it all i was able to look deep into my soul and discover my essence as a young, gifted, black man. 21 was a year i learned to let shit go, in order for me to move forward and have a good future i had to let go of some much excess bullshit that was holding me down a preventing me from moving on. i dealt with racism, and homophobia head on, and when i finished i now know how to deal with it. i traveled extensively, i hit up nyc for the first time, and was thrilled about my nyu opportunity. i had many attacks on my personal character, but i let the very character they were attempting to attack speak and defend itself. at age 21 i learned to embark my life even more, and i had many opportunities to express my pride in who i have become to be. i decided to focus on my companies which i have also labeled my "babies" tog media, and tomar events. i feel in and out of love, developed a better fashion sense and spent way too much on clothing...lol. i learned that this world is a big place, and that possibilities are endless, and you have to go out and take it like a longhorn bull by the horns. i stood up for myself in so many ways, and proved to so many people that against all the odds i can be victorious. i learned a lifetime worth of lessons over the period of one year, and i much say thank you to my GOD in heaven, thank you to people that love and care about me, thank you to everyone that has supported me in so many ways....

No comments: