Monday, July 02, 2007

summer is winding down...a brotha is getting used to the "aggieland" way...

it's amazing how summer officially started ten days ago, yet mine is pretty much over, as a matter or fact the only thing i have reminding me is the Texas heat, and with all this rain that's not always a reminder. i have had some down days over the past couple of weeks, but my good days out wight the bad ones. getting used to being here has not been as bad as i thought it was going to be. texas a&m seems to be a pretty cool place, if you take it in doses...as most of you know i started my new job about a month ago, and it seems to be going well. i have a staff of people that i really like except a few, but you know how that is. i am in a laid back environment with people that seem to be cool, and i can work at a comfortable pace. Today 02.july.07 i woke up, went to visit my grandmother in rehab after her stroke two weeks ago, and she is doing great, i had to remind her she still owes me a peach cobbler. it's amazing even though she lost her speech, she still makes me laugh...afterwards i had to go to campus to deal with somethings, including a new contract tog media received from the greek life office. i will be design all of the recruitment materials for the fall rush, and i am soooo excited and blessed to have the opportunity. i will also be starting my writing for the batt (texas a&m's student newspaper). afterwards i went to starbucks for a frap, and then hit is home. i passed by and did one of my many weekly check up on the woodlands, the new community we will be living in. last night i was on the phone with Sadiki for like three hours planning his move-my vacation to los angeles next month. so what's next? well tonight i will be finishing up my plans for my birthday party next weekend, and getting ready for the essence music festival this upcoming weekend......

No comments: